The latest version of our Vanguard hovercraft model incorporate a 1000cc ~40hp EFI engine. It can reach speeds of 40 mph, payload has been increased to 850 lbs, and it improves the craft’s ability to handle strong head winds. Cruises easily at 30 mph. The belt drive is designed to prevent any slippage, and has improved efficiency, requires no re-tensioning, and eliminates the need for belt covers, simplifying maintenance. The idlers features a double sealed bearing for greatly improved service life over the previous v-belt idlers. The craft can now be equipped with an all stainless muffler with cabin heating system. Air flow to the dash can be adjusted with a damper control for immediate response. Warm up time is less than 3 minutes upon initial engine start.
Base Price: $39,970
The base price of the 14 foot Vanguard hovercraft includes:
- Fiberglass Engine cover
- 40hp ECV-980 Kohler EFI engine
- 6 gallon gasoline tank
- 3 Ultralight hovercraft seats
- Standard gray vinyl skirt has 300-500 hour life
- 12 volt electrical system with AGM battery.
- Navigation lights
Options (add to base price):
- Saltwater series: all additional upgrades for saltwater use: $1,820
- Carbon fiber windshield frame with glass windows and a dual wiper/wash system: $2,295
- Carbon fiber windshield frame with glass windows and a dual wiper/wash system with partial dodger: $2,730
- Full enclosure, includes carbon fiber windshield frame with glass windows and a dual wiper/wash system: $4,235
- Entry door rare earth magnets in place of snaps. $187
- Stainless muffler/heat exchanger w/dash vents & dash control $2,950
- Internal gas tank – 12 gal capacity (installed): $795
- Urethane skirt, black: $1,695
- Camouflage paint scheme: $625
- Vinyl skirt colors (gray is stock): $99
- Fly on/off trailer: $4,895
- Standard bunk trailer: $1,795
- Backlit Digital Tachometer (includes installation): $165
- Chrome finish steering wheel: $35
- Night time LED driving lights: $895
- Boater’s safety package: includes a fire extinguisher, daytime signaling device, boat hook, LED flashlight, spare fuses, quick navigation reference, utility knife, flares, skirt repair kit, tool kit in water proof tool box. This package would include the installation of the fire extinguisher and attaching the boat hook: $294
The 14 foot 40 hp Vanguard is also available as a kit, starting at $23,400. Call for options.
- None of the prices listed above include shipping and handling.
- We accept payments in the form of a money order or wire transfer, the preferred method. We will accept a personal check but we must give it 5 business days to clear the bank. We also accept payment through PayPal but a 3% charge of the total order will be added for processing.
- Our labor rates are $95 per hour.
- Prices are subject to change.